Vegan Welsh Rarebit Recipe
A vegan twist on classic Welsh Rarebit - perfect for a comforting weekend lunch.
- 4 slices of bread from a small loaf
- 30g vegan butter
- 30g plain flour
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 150ml of MOMA Original Oat Drink
- 50ml Guinness (optional - you can swap this for extra oat milk)
- 150g vegan cheese
- 1tsp vegan Worcester Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Grill one side of your four slices of bread then lay on a baking tray with the grilled side facing down.
- In a small saucepan melt your butter and stir in your flour, mixing until you have a roux.
- Slowly add your oat milk (and Guinness if using) stirring all the time until it thickens.
- Once you have a thick sauce add your Worcester Sauce, cheese and mustard and stir together.
- Season to taste and then spoon on to the soft sides of the four toasts.
- Place back under the grill until bubbly and golden and ENJOY!
Recipe by Jemma Loi