MOMA’s Decadent Double Choc Oatmeal Porridge
Ever fancied having dessert for breakfast? Of course you have!
06 / 03 / 2017
Our recipe idea for double chocolate oatmeal porridge is the perfect treat for anyone who craves a sweet treat in the morning.
Taking just five minutes to prepare (using our new Coconut & Chia Instant Porridge Sachets), you’ll be tucking into a vegan friendly and gluten free breakfast in just five short minutes!
A spoonful of cocoa powder makes this oatmeal chocolatey and rich, without having to add any additional sugar. Equally, the addition of dark chocolate (we love 70% cocoa solids here at MOMA) makes for a really decadent way to start your day!
Chocolate Oatmeal Porridge – a Blissful Breakfast Idea
Our Coconut & Chia Instant Porridge Sachet is the perfect base for this chocolate porridge recipe. Containing powdered coconut milk in place of dairy milk, our Coconut & Chia chocolate porridge is the perfect vegan breakfast idea!
Gather your ingredients!
- x1 MOMA Coconut & Chia Instant Porridge Sachet
- ½ tablespoon cocoa powder
- 70% dark chocolate shavings (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A dash of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
Make your Chocolate Porridge!
- Prepare your Coconut & Chia instant porridge sachet by following the easy instructions on the back of the sachet.
- Give it a quick stir to make sure the oats absorb the water and take on our signature chunky yet creamy texture. Splash in a bit more water if you like your oatmeal to have a thinner consistency.
- Add your vanilla extract into your oats, as well as the cinnamon and salt – give it another quick stir.
- Load up your spoon with cocoa powder and swirl it into your oats (you might need to add a tiny bit more hot water at this point as well).
- Whilst it’s still hot, add in your shavings of dark chocolate, reserving some extra to sprinkle on top.
Here at MOMA HQ, we love adding a few bright red raspberries, vibrant green pistachio nuts and a few awesome almonds for additional crunch and colour!
Your Coconut & Chia porridge has now been transformed into a rich, dark and decadent bowl of chocolaty oatmeal – dig in and enjoy!