Super Festive Mince Pie Porridge Recipe!
Christmas Day is just around the corner so what better way to gather the energy to open all those presents than with a big bowl of Mince Pie Porridge!
21 / 12 / 2016
Christmas Day can be one of the busiest days of the year, opening lots of presents, visiting family members, so why not give your body the fuel it needs to enjoy the day?
Breakfast can take a hit over the festive period, with endless amounts of chocolate and mountainous plates of food becoming the norm. A nutritious bowl of delicious porridge is quick and easy to whip up, not to mention it can warm you up on those cold winter mornings.
All you need to give yourself a festive start to the day is a sachet of our MOMA Cranberry & Raisin instant porridge and some Christmassy ingredients, and you’ll be ready to tackle Christmas head on!
Festive Christmas Flavours – Mince Pie Porridge Ingredients:
This simple porridge recipe includes lots of ingredients with many nutritional benefits. We already know our MOMA porridge is perfect for slow release energy and with the added fruitiness of the cranberries, raisins and mincemeat, our mince pie porridge recipe is the perfect balanced breakfast to be enjoyed throughout the Christmas period.
- 1x MOMA Cranberry & Raisin Instant Porridge Sachet
- 130ml Hot Water
- 1 tbsp Jarred Sweet Mincemeat
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Nutmeg
- Chopped Almonds
- Grated Apple
- 1 tsp Grated Orange Zest
- 1 tsp icing sugar
Our MOMA Cranberry & Raisin instant porridge sachets are already filled with juicy fruit, but feel free to add a little more if you like your breakfast sweet!
- Empty out the MOMA Cranberry and Raisin instant porridge into a bowl and cover with 130ml of hot water, stir and leave to stand until it reaches your desired consistency. Top Tip: If the porridge is a little too thick, add a splash more hot water and stir again.
- Start adding all the delicious extras. Start by adding the orange zest and nutmeg and mix it into the porridge.
- Then, add in 3/4 of your chopped almonds, your grated apple and your sweet mincemeat. You can choose to add the cinnamon at this stage, stirring it in, or wait till the end and sprinkle it on top – the choice is yours!
- To finish it all off, add the rest of your chopped almonds to the top of your porridge along with a light dusting of cinnamon and icing sugar.
Top Tip: Create a beautiful icing sugar and cinnamon snowfall by using a small sieve to sprinkle over your bowl.
Our friends over at Symmetry Breakfast have made the perfect bowl of Mince Pie Porridge – Check it out!
Getting creative with your leftovers?
If you’re in a rush and have some real mince pies leftover from your Christmas celebrations, enjoy a real treat by warming and then crumbling them into a MOMA Plain Porridge Pot and stirring in.
If you’re feeling really indulgent, why not serve this with a small spoonful of leftover brandy butter on the side – a true Christmas treat!