Please take some time to read and familiarise yourself with this Policy. By agreeing to our standard terms, you acknowledge the terms of this Policy which sets out how we collect, use, disclose and store your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
What information do we collect about you?
The type of personal information we will collect includes: your name, contact number, e-mail address, your address and other contact details, your bank or payment details, business credit check information, account user ID, the contents of a direct message, details about your order history and call recordings.
When do we collect information about you?
We collect personal information about you:
- When you contact us by telephone, email or direct message;
- When you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- When you place an order through any of our sales channels (including our sites, telesales, our apps for business customers, or platforms hosted by third parties such as our Amazon);
- When you enter a competition or sign up to a promotion;
- From directories;
- From certain third parties to whom you have provided your contact details;
- When you complete a direct debit mandate or other payment instruction; and
- When we obtain a credit check about your business.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
We use your personal information:
- To manage, deliver and fulfil orders you place (including via our trusted third party partners);
- To provide you with updates on your order status;
- To build customer relations;
- To respond to any enquiry or feedback we receive from you;
- For compliance with legal requirements;
- To administer promotions and competitions;
- To deliver prizes to competition and promotion winners;
- To analyse sales patterns;
- To contact you about placing orders; and
- To manage our credit or financial risk.
Please note that where you contact us, we may keep a record of any resultant correspondence.
In most instances, the legal basis upon which we process your personal data is that the above uses are in our legitimate interest. We will only use the information we collect about you where it is fair to do so. For some types of processing of the personal information relating to you, we will ask you for your explicit consent to process your information in a certain way. In such instances, the legal basis we rely upon to process the personal information is consent.
We will only keep your information for the length of time we require it for the purposes we have set out in this Policy. Except in exceptional circumstances, we would not normally retain the information we collect about you for more than three years.
Will we share your personal information with anyone else?
We may share your personal information with any member of our group of companies. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we have appointed a third party to perform certain functions on our behalf (including administering or fulfilling orders, contacting you about our products and/or analysing sales data), where those third parties need to have access to your personal information to properly perform their function;
- If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our or our group companies’ assets, personal information may be included in the assets which are transferred to the new owner; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We will never share any of your personal information with anybody outside of our group of companies for mailing or marketing purposes unless we have your consent to do so.
How do we store your personal information?
We have put in place measures to ensure the security of the personal information we collect and store about you, and will use all reasonable endeavours to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure and/or access. However, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to us. As a consequence, any transmission is at your own risk.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to know whether we hold personal information about you and, if we do, to request a copy of it. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us using our contact form at https://www.momafoods.co.uk/pages/contact
We want to make sure your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any personal information you think is inaccurate.
If you have any concerns about how we process your information please contact us by using our contact form at https://www.momafoods.co.uk/pages/contact. If we are unable to satisfactorily deal with your concerns then you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If we agree to extend credit to your business as a customer, you acknowledge that we may first obtain a business credit report about your business. We normally use a third party to provide that report to us. Given the nature of a business credit check, this should not relate to your personal information. However, to the extent that a credit report does relate to your personal information, our legal basis for obtaining such a credit report is our legitimate interests.