Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and on 14th February, couples old and new will be cosying up together to celebrate and show their affections for one another.
Breakfast in bed recipes
Whether you’re looking to make your grand romantic gestures on the day or the weekend after, we have some delicious breakfast in bed recipes that are both speedy and special at the same time! So if you feel like treating your sweetheart to a Valentine’s breakfast that shows how much you care, we’re sure that you’ll find the perfect breakfast recipe here that won’t waste any cuddle time.
Romantic Rose, Rhubarb & Pistachio Porridge
A gorgeous combination with the added addition of pastel pink tones that are perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- Begin by simply poaching 200g of chopped rhubarb for 3-5 minutes, add in 1 tablespoon of honey and enough water so that the rhubarb is just covered. Remove from the pan once soft.
- Prepare 2 sachets of plain (no added sugar) porridge oats in two bowls, as instructed - it only takes a moment!
- Add half a tablespoon of honey into each of the bowls, along with 2-3 drops of rose extract. Rose is quite a strong flavour, so try adding a little at a time, then give the oats a stir in between each addition. Taste and only add more if you feel it needs it!
- Top the porridge with the cooked rhubarb, along with 25g of chopped pistachios.
- For an added wow factor for your loved one, drizzle some of the pink poaching syrup on top, too!
Bircher Blueberry Parfait
Perfect for the one you love berry much! Our DIY Bircher Blueberry Parfait is made using our crunchy granola recipe, which can be made ahead of the day!
- Start by mixing together 250g frozen blueberries with a little sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Cook very gently on a low heat for about 3-4 minutes until the blueberries begin to break down, then take off the heat.
- For a stylish and sophisticated breakfast, we’d recommend layering the parfait in 2 glasses.
- Begin with some Greek yoghurt, then top with a spoonful of the cooled blueberries and a spoonful of granola.
- Keep layering until the glasses are bursting with delicious blueberry parfait, then serve!
Dark Cherry Passion Porridge
It’s still a little chilly outside, making it even more difficult to make your way out of the covers. Not to worry though, as a soothing bowl of this spiced cherry and apple porridge will certainly warm up your loved one on a frosty Valentine’s Day morning.
- Use a small saucepan to slowly melt a knob of butter, then add 1 chopped apple and 150g defrosted cherries to the pan.
- Cook ever so gently for about 5 minutes until the apple begins to soften.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup, as well ¼ teaspoon each of ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 sachets of plain (no added sugar) porridge sachets as instructed, then top with the cherry and apple concoction.
- For an additional treat, why not grate some good quality dark chocolate onto the top?
Chocolate Lover’s Porridge
If you’re wanting to spoil your special someone rotten this Valentine’s Day, opt for pure indulgence with our dark chocolate and raspberry porridge!
- Simply prepare 2 sachets of plain (no added sugar) porridge sachets as suggested on the packet.
- Then stir in ½ a tablespoon of cocoa powder, along with half a teaspoon of maple syrup, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract and a pinch of salt in each of the two servings.
- Scatter a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips onto each, and finish with a handful of juicy red raspberries for a tangy kick.
I’m ‘bananas’ for you porridge!
Forget banoffee pie and treat your loved one to a breakfast and dessert, all in one! Caramelised bananas will make them even more crazy for you this Valentine’s Day!
- Take 2 bananas and slice them in half, lengthways.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of honey and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cinnamon onto each banana, then grill for 5-10 minutes.
- Whilst the bananas are under the grill, create your plain (no added sugar) porridge sachets, using 2 sachets in 2 bowls.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract into each bowl, then place the cooked bananas on top!