Ramen is a classic Japanese dish that has taken the world by storm. One such twist is the Creamy Miso and Oat Drink Ramen, a delicious take on the classic dish. The creamy miso broth, combined with MOMA Barista oat drink, creates a rich and satisfying base for the noodles and toppings.
Perfect for a speedy but oh-so-satisfying supper, this miso and oat drink ramen really hits the spot.
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 3 portobello mushrooms (or shiitake), sliced
- 600ml oat milk
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Soy sauce to taste
- 2 nests of ramen noodles
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 3 spring onions, shredded
- Sesame seeds
- Pickled ginger (optional)
- Nori (optional)
For the broth:
- Cook the onions in 2 tbsp of sunflower oil for 10 minutes until dark golden. Add in the ginger and garlic and fry for a minute, then add in the mushrooms and cook them for 3-5 minutes until reduced in size
- Add the miso paste and stir through then add in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes
- Add in the oat drink, season with soy sauce and then blend the both using a stick blender.
- Strain the broth using a sieve
- Cut a block of firm tofu into 3cm cubes
- Heat 3-4 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the tofu until golden on all sides
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- Cook your noodles in boiling water according to the pack instructions and divide between two bowls
- Ladle over the hot broth and top with the crispy tofu, spring onions, sesame seeds, pickled ginger and nori
@momafoods Stop what you’re doing and make this creamy oat drink ramen for dinner tonight 🍜 🛑 This #veganuary we’re sharing our favourite recipes from the team so stay tuned for more! Serves 2 Ingredients: 1 onion finely chopped 5 garlic cloves crushed Thumbsized piece of ginger grated finely 1 Tbsp miso paste 3 Portobello mushrooms (or shiitake) 600ml oat milk 500ml veg stock Extra Firm Tofu 2 nests of ramen noodles 3 spring onions Sesame seeds Pickled ginger (optional) Nori (optional) Method: Cook the onions in 2 Tbsp of sunflower oil for 10 mins until dark golden. Add in the ginger and garlic for a couple of minutes then add the mushrooms and cook them down for a few minutes. Add in the miso paste and stir through and then add in your veg stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 20-25 minutes. Add in the oat milk and season with soy sauce Blend the broth and then strain through a sieve. Tofu: Cut a block of firm tofu into cubes Heat 3-4tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the tofu until golden on all sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Noodles: Cook your two nests of ramen noodles in salted water and then drain and divide between two bowls To serve: Ladle broth over the noodles and then top each bowl with the tofu, some shredded spring onions, some nori, pickled ginger and sesame seeds. Serve with sesame oil. #fyp #easydinner #veganuarydinner #ramen #milkramen #asmr #cooking ♬ Chill Vibes - Tollan Kim